Frequently Asked Questions

This section helps you understand all questions regarding the legal aspects of an authorised representative and the ins and outs of our services.

Do I need an AR for my product?

If you are a business from outside the EU selling products directly or indirectly on the European market and you don’t have a legal point of contact yet within the EU (such as an importer), then you need an authorised representative for many products.

I sell my products to the UK market, can you be our AR?

Yes, we can certainly help you with this as we offer UK AR services through subsidiary 24hour Solutions Ltd. Contact us here.

What directives and regulations do you offer AR services in?

We offer services in the following directives and regulations.

  • Toy safety directive – 2009/48/EU
  • Low voltage directive – 2014/35/EU
  • EMC directive – 2014/30/EU
  • Radio equipment directive – 2014/53/EU
  • RoHS directive – 2011/65/EU
  • Machinery directive - 2006/42/EC
  • Ecodesign directive - 2009/125/EC
  • Measuring equipment - 2009/34/EC
  • Personal protective equipment - (EU) 2016/425
  • Medical device regulation – 2017/745
  • Construction products regulation (CPR)​
The following directives are currently not supported. However, we partner with other companies that do so please contact us for more information.
  • Cableway installations regulation
  • Cosmetic products - (EC) No 1223/2009

Do I need more AR services?

Maybe. The below directives are special in the sense that you need to register with an AR locally in each country of sale, if you do not have an importer who is geographically placed in the country, this can be a bit of a hassle. However, we partner with other companies that help out with this part, please contact us for more information.

  • Waste electrical and electronic equipment directive – 2012/19/EU
  • Battery directive
  • Packaging and packaging waste
We can help you determine if your product falls under these regulations. Contact us here.

Do I need anything else than an Authorised representative to comply with the legislations?

Having an authorised representative is one of the many requirements that you need to comply with to access the European market. The area of compliance is very complex and most of the time the product needs to comply with several directives or regulations. Understanding the requirements are therefore essential and the very first step in CE compliance. The 6-step CE marking process specifically describes this as the primary first step:

  1. Find the CE directive(s) that applies to your product.
  2. Know the essential requirements for your product.
  3. Determine if you need third-party certification.
  4. Assess product conformity.
  5. Create and maintain technical documentation.
  6. Declaration of conformity & affixing the CE Mark.
Do you want to know more about how we can help you comply? Click here to read more.

What should I upload?

  • Upload your technical files. A technical file typically includes, but is not limited to, test reports, a user manual, etc.
  • Upload your declaration of conformity (DoC). See examples of templates for the DoC here:

Does 24 hour AR verify the compliance of my product?

The review that is part of our service is only for verifying the presence of a technical file. The content as such is not reviewed on completeness and authenticity and the responsibility and liability remains with the manufacturer. A gap analysis for determining that all requirements in the directives and regulations or a full compliance check can be performed at an additional cost. Please contact us for more information.

Where do I place your address as our AR?

You can place the address on the packaging, product and/or any accompanying document.

What other ecommerce services do you offer?

Besides our Authorised Representative and Responsible Person services, we offer testing, consulting, certification, labeling, quality assurance and inspection services.

We provide ecommerce sellers simple, reliable and affordable compliance solutions for various types of products and for ecommerce marketplaces around the world.

Before you list your products, you must ensure they meet the rules, regulations, and laws of the intended marketplace.

How should we send the technical file and declaration of conformity?

Once you have registered and made the payment, you will automatically receive an email to upload your files.

When should we send the technical file and declaration of conformity?

Once you have registered and made the payment, you will automatically receive an email to upload your files.

How much do you charge to act as an authorised representative?

The annual fee depends on the number and type of products but the following is generally true: - Up to 20 products 1490€ - Up to 50 products 2490€ - Up to 1000 products 3490€ Please reach out to us for a quote! The fee includes guaranteed fast and professional service, and we:

  • verify the EU Declaration of Conformity and technical file
  • store the documents for 10 years
  • provide the legal use of our address

Do businesses within the UK need an authorised representative due to Brexit?

Yes, that's due to Brexit. But as the regulation was already in the make before Brexit, the UK has adopted the same law, meaning that EU businesses also need an AR in the UK

Do you check the  declaration of conformity and technical file before or after you  have sent the AR agreement?

We ask you to register through our website and complete the payment. You will then
automatically receive an email to upload your technical file. Once received, we
review the technical file within 24 hours. After reviewing (but within the 24 hours) we
send you the AR Agreement

What is the difference between a responsible person and an authorised representative?

Amazon uses ‘responsible person’ on their website, which they mean the economic operator. This can either be the manufacturer, importer or authorised representative. A ‘responsible person’ shall be located in the EU.

Is an authorised representative only required for B2C businesses?

No, the legislation also applies to B2B businesses

Aerial View of Containers

How we can help you

In addition to the Authorised representative services we offer the following services:

Conduct a gap analysis

  • CE Declaration of Conformity examination

  • Identifying directives and requirements on the technical file 

  • Technical file review

  • Determine what is missing

Check your technical file on compliance with the requirements

  • Reviewing your documentation

  • Labeling and symbols inspection

  • Inspection of test reports

  • Inspection of the user manual

  • Inspection of the risk analysis

  • CE Declaration of Conformity examination

Complete your technical file

  • Reviewing and organizing your documentation

  • Compliance consulting, including explaining the compliance requirements to your supplier

  • Helping drawing up the technical file and other relevant documentation 

  • Product labeling, packaging labeling, and user manuals checks.

  • As additional services we can help you with completing and creating your risk analysis and user manuals and conducting EMC, LVD, RED tests and according to all other standards.

  • Support in testing

  • Keeping records of technical documentation

  • Maintain the technical file on behalf of your company for 10 years, and sharing it with the authorities, upon request

  • Completing notifications to the European Authorities