Regulation (EU) 2019/1020 in a nutshell
- Explain the most important parts of Regulation 2019/1020 for manufacturers selling in the EU market
- Bullet point discussion on specifics regarding the regulation
How Regulation (EU) 2019/1020 Protects the Internal Market from Unsafe Products
Does Regulation (EU) 2019/1020 apply when I sell products in the UK?
Do I need an Authorised Representative when I sell products in the UK?
- Discuss the difference between the AR requirements in EU and UK
Why Would I Need an Authorised Representative?
- Discuss the need for an authorised representative when selling in the market
5 Steps To Choosing a European Authorised Representative
- Step #1: Find an AR
- Step #2: Send a Declaration of Conformity and a Technical File to the AR
- Step #3: The AR Verifies that DoC and Technical File Have Been Drawn Up
- Step #4: Sign The AR Agreement
- Step #5: Use the Address of the AR On Product Packaging
What Products Need an Authorised Representative?
- Give general information on which products require an authorized representative
- Complete list of products that require an Authorised Representative must be on separate page and hyperlinked within body of the document
What are the tasks of an authorised representative?
- Enumerate the specific tasks that an AR must perform for anyone interested in selling in the EU market
What happens if I don’t appoint an Authorised Representative?
- Explain consequences of not appointing an AR in the market
What do specific directives and regulations say about the AR?
Is an Authorised Representative legally responsible for defective products?
- Explain legal responsibilities of ARs over products sold in the EU market
Can I use my distributor as my Authorised Representative?
- Discuss the legal considerations in relation to naming distributors as ARs
Prevent your products from being blocked from entry into the EU
- Discuss basic services provided by 24 Hr AR for manufacturers and distributors
CTA – Searching for an Authorised Representative is easier than ever. Ask about our services today!