What are the Amazon labelling requirements?
Ecommerce platforms such as Amazon require sellers to ensure that products are compliant with all mandatory safety regulations. Requirements for product marking and labelling are part of the mandatory safety regulations. This overview describes what the Amazon labelling requirements are.
Marking and labelling requirements for ecommerce platforms
1. It is mandatory to upload a picture of the packaging and/or the product marking.
2. Package marking is mandatory.
3. The package marking must include the CE mark
4. The package marking must include an EU or UK based address.
For products sold in the UK, the product or product packaging needs to display the following
1. The address of the importer
2. The UKCA mark
EU-based ecommerce platforms as economic operators
In the EU, an ecommerce platform is considered the responsible economic operator for a product in case no other economic operator has been defined for that product.
As economic operators, ecommerce platforms have certain duties, which they would rather not have. For this reason, ecommerce platforms actively check if the products sold on their platforms have the address of an economic operator present.